Sandbox Center for Regenerative Entrepreneurship empowers young food entrepreneurs to design work that creates a healthier food system by regenerating our land, economy, and society. Sandbox is a place to play and learn-collaboratively.
Sandbox Center Farm incubates young farm businesses and currently hosts seven members growing a variety of products for market, including grains (Beautiful Beard Grain) , natural dye and tea plants (Born & Dyed in MN), mushrooms (Cherry Tree House Mushrooms), rabbits (Chubby Bunny Farm), hops (Mighty Axe Hops) and organic produce (Racing Heart Farm and South Paw Pickers).
What are Sandbox's goals for this Kickstarter funding? Glad you asked!
- Launch/grow/escalate on farm businesses through marketing/promoting businesses/start ups
- Incubate a network of at least 30 young entrepreneurs
- Facilitate workshops with at least 30 community leaders
- Host 400+ visitors to the farm
- Grow local systems for urban and rural economic resiliency by…
- Conversion of 5 acres into non-commodity production
- Sharable/replicable model for regenerative entrepreneurship
Last season, Tootie & Dotes ventured to Sandbox and met up with co-founder Libby London to interview her about her dye farm operation, Born & Dyed in MN. Not only did we see the beautiful plants she was growing for natural dyes, but we also got a glimpse of the Mighty Axe Hops crops in full bloom! Earlier that summer we also popped by for a class on growing oyster mushrooms with Cherry Tree House Mushrooms. Needless to say, we're pretty big fans of these guys and think you will be too!
You have until Sunday March 8th to support this amazing group of young and driven entrepreneurs, but why wait? If you're feeling inspired by what they're doing, give them a little love today.